OTA student @ OCCC. Devourer of books, lover of animals, nature, video games and all things magical. ISFP - the Artist. This blog is for whatever I'm currently obsessed with, and it will include some NSFW and/or homosexual themes. If those things make you uncomfortable than don't look :)
I know people imagine Dumbledore laughing in his office about all the letters that get sent to Harry and all. But I think it was really Professor McGonagall. I think it’s infinitely more hilarious to consider her sending owl after owl to 4 Privet Drive, only to appear as a cat to watch in amusement.
Hey guys! I’m opening up for 4 headshot commissions in the style of the images above. $50.00 USD each~ They are 8 x 10, 300 dpi for printing. I’ll be working on these tonight, so you’ll get them quick! I need some extra cash quick to pay for some Ren Faire clothes (for my job) so if you’re feeling inclined, send me an email! crystal(AT)lostinthevale.com Thank you!!
My boyfriend (via thecarrionlibrarian)
#no but can you imagine if that was how you learned once a month you weren’t pregnant#by some dude singing songs about the victory of it#you wake up and he’s there and you are so happy#this dude becomes your favorite dude#but then you realize you haven’t seen your friend’s minstrel in a while#I mean everyone notices#like half the people are on the same cycle so for one week out of four your job is just flooded with fucking minstrels everywhere#the cacophony#but Mary over there is all alone#and she’s like my minstrel is late#but we all fucking know#her minstrel has gone off to find her a baby#a nine month journey he must make alone#and until he comes back there is no music in her life#what a glorious world this would be#I love the minstrels (@onionjuggler)
Oh my god
Calm Bottle (aka Glitter Jar)
- Container: This is typically made with a glass mason jar, but since I often make these with children I use water bottles with smooth sides.
- One bottle of clear glue (not white glue that dries clear), or glitter glue: I like using regular glue so I don’t have to deal with the hot water since I make these in my office. Glue/glitter glue works best, but you could also use corn syrup if that’s all you have. You have to pour it directly in the water without letting it touch the sides of the bottle or the glitter will stick to it.
- Water: It can be room temperature if you use regular glue but should be hot (I use boiling water) if glitter glue is used. If the water is not hot enough then the glitter will become clumpy and separate.
- Glitter: I use mostly super fine glitter with a little regular sized. I sometimes add sequins, beads, shells, plastic jewels, etc. Glow in the dark glitter looks really cool if you can find it. Less (or even none) is needed with glitter glue bottles
- Food coloring: This is optional. Only use one drop or it becomes difficult to see the glitter.
- Strong glue or duct tape: This is used to fasten the lid to the container. I like using colored duct tape.
- Making a Calm Bottle (clear glue): Fill the bottle 3/4 of the way full with water. Then add the glue (and shake) and glitter (and shake). I use a funnel for the glitter. The more glue you use, the longer it will take the glitter to fall. I usually use the whole bottle. Add 1 drop of food coloring, if desired, and then glue/tape the lid on.
- Making a Calm Bottle (glitter glue): Instead of clear glue you can use glitter glue. If you go this rout then mix the glitter glue in a bowl with very hot water (I boil the water) before adding it to the bottle. If the water is not hot enough then the glue will clump up and not work. You can add 1 drop of food color and additional glitter is desired.
- Using a Calm Bottle: This coping tool can be used for a number of different issues. If a client becomes emotionally dysregulated at an inappropriate time they shake the bottle vigorously and then set it down and watch the glitter fall while taking deep breaths (how to teach deep breathing can be found here).
- Important Note: Many people use these for anxiety and panic attacks and I wanted to emphasize that this is merely a simple coping tool that can be useful in certain situations but should not be used to avoid dealing with underlying issues. This exercise will do absolutely nothing to get to the root cause or prevent it from happening in the future. Fear must be confronted, rather than avoided, for lasting change to take place.
- See my Jellyfish Jar for a similar post.
SIGNAL BOOST because i fucking love glitter jars and they’ve saved my ass at school.
have anxiety? glitter jar. get stressed easy? glitter jar. like glitter? glitter jar. are you a parent or a teacher or a babysitter? give a kid a glitter jar to look at when they are in time-out to keep them from crying or screaming and shit. give one to the kid while on a roadtrip. keep one in your locker at school. i do. me and my friends have access to it and if a teacher is an asshat or something goes wrong or we’re stressed about work or collages or anything like that, just shake the glitter jar and look at it for a while and it’s the most calming this in the galaxy.
speaking of galaxies, look at this
if you take a picture of one and slap some instagram filters on it, the thing becomes a jar of pure space.
if you dont think glitter jars are fucking rad then get out of my face.
I have a glitter jar. It’s called Viniq Liqueur.
How is that? I keep seeing it at Jewel and I’m like “nah I don’t really need to drink this” but curiosity…